Our attorneys have decades of experience in insurance coverage and reinsurance matters, having represented policyholders, insurers, ceding companies, reinsurers, and retrocessionaires. The Firm’s insurance litigators have handled matters in environmental, asbestos, media risk (print and online defamation coverage), health, life, disability, and entertainment disputes. Some of our attorneys’ success stories include:
- Successfully concluded numerous declaratory relief adversary actions involving insurance and non-traditional risk-shifting products in Chapter 11 reorganizations for Fortune 100 companies.
- Obtained summary judgment in a massive federal coverage litigation involving the break-up of general and limited partnerships.
- Obtained summary judgment in a ‘media risk’ case involving tabloid coverage of a celebrity murder trial.
- Achieved trial court and subsequent victories on non-coverage for defense contractors and jet fuel contamination of American and Sacramento Rivers.
- Achieved appellate victories in Arizona and California aircraft solvent litigation.
- Currently representing CGC insurers of public utilities in largest underlying Superfund case in the Western United States.
- Our lawyers have authored articles for American Lawyer, New York Law Journal, Journal of Insurance Coverage, Environmental Insurance Alerts (Mealey’s), and the Rutter Group: Insurance Litigation treatise.