David J. Glass is your high-stakes family law litigator. He is one of a few, select attorneys who is dually-trained in Law and Clinical Psychology (PhD), and who concentrates on divorce, child custody litigation, and complex asset division. He offers his clients an “inside look” at and understanding of the procedures employed by court-appointed mental health and psychological professionals. He serves as the Chair of the Firm’s Family Law Department.
Although concentrating on child custody litigation, Glass’ practice encompasses the full range of family law and probate matters, including: dissolution/divorce; separation; the characterization, valuation and division of assets; child and spousal support; relocations; attorneys fees and costs; parentage actions; same-sex marriages; pre- and post-nuptial agreements. Glass is also adept at working with the management teams for his affluent clients.
Glass has been certified by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization as a Family Law Specialist – a distinction held by only a small percentage of the family law practitioners statewide. He is rated a perfect “10″ on Avvo.com based on peer- and client reviews, and has been voted a Rising Star or Super Lawyer in Los Angeles magazine fifteen times between 2004 and 2020. Glass has practiced exclusively in family law for 24 years.
Prior to his law career, Glass worked as a therapist treating adults with anxiety disorders, mood disorders and drug & alcohol addictions, and worked in a psychiatric emergency room.
- Represented a mother who wished to relocate from Los Angeles to the East Coast, and who needed to overcome an adverse child custody evaluation recommendation.
- Represented a father who had been falsely accused of child abuse and drug addiction in his bid to regain custody of his three children.
- Represented a wife who had been an integral part of a burgeoning special effects company in Hollywood, but who had been locked-out of the community business by the husband as of the date of separation.
- Represented a local business owner with a series of restaurants in the negotiation and drafting of his prenuptial agreement.
- Represented the daughter of an entertainment figure who sought to be appointed Conservator of her father’s person and estate over the requests of her father’s former employee who claimed that she had “married’ father.
- Defended the estate of a successful industrialist against claims of breach of fiduciary duty made by the beneficiary.
- Consulted for the defense in an employment discrimination matter and conducted the deposition and cross-examination of the plaintiff’s mental health expert.
Prior to joining EP&G, Mr. Glass was Of Counsel to Feinberg Mindel Brandt and Klein LLP, managed his own three-attorney firm, Glass Family Law, for seven years, practiced with the Beverly Hills matrimonial firm of Kolodny & Anteau, and practiced family law and mental health law for six years at Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis, a 300+ lawyer firm with the then-largest family law practice group on the East Coast.
He is the author of many articles and book chapters on the intersection of law and psychology including:
- “Moving on” a book about the first year post-divorce
- “What the Social Sciences and the Court System Have to Offer Divorcing and Separating Families”
- “The Only Way to Win is Not to Play: A Post-Divorce Case Study”
- Co-Editor of the 2000 Supplement to Ziskin’s Coping with Psychiatric and Psychology Testimony.
- A chapter on Family Law in Practicing Therapeutic Jurisprudence: The Law as a Helping Profession.
Glass serves on the Board of Directors for the Southland Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association. Glass is an Adjunct Instructor of Law and Ethics at the American College of Professional Psychology at Argosy University. He is also an Associate Editor of The Los Angeles Psychologist, and is a regular Contributor to Divorce Magazine and Hitched Magazine.
Finally, Glass has published his first book, “Moving On,” which is designed to help divorcees and their families reconstruct their lives after divorce. www.movingonbook.com.
Education & Certificates
- Certified Family Law Specialist – State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization (2014)
- Drexel University (formerly Medical College of Pennsylvania), PhD, Clinical Psychology, 1997
- Biondi Research Fellowship
- National Institure of Drug Abuse Research Fellowship
- First Place – American Psychological Association Division 41 Dissertation Competition
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1996
- Managing Editor, Villanova Law Review
- Drexel University (formerly Medical College of Pennsylvania), M.A., Clinical Psychology, 1994
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. Psychology, 1990
- Sphinx Senior Honor Society
- The Mask and Wig Club
Admitted to Practice
- California, 2003
- Pennsylvania, 1996
- New Jersey, 1996