Jesse turns himself into whatever type of lawyer his clients need. His achievements range from obtaining quick, cheap, and confidential settlements to litigating highly complex cases all the way to trial. For the latter, Jesse’s trial teams are undefeated, obtaining verdicts in representation of plaintiffs and defendants that total more than $300,000,000. His clients include high-net-worth individuals, private and public businesses of all sizes, law firms, and a variety of public and semi-public entities. Some of his past successes include:
- Member of trial team in fraud action against international car manufacturer on behalf of dealership owner. Jury awarded client $256,000,000 in compensatory and punitive damages.
- Member of trial team in lender-liability litigation for negligence and breach of contract against national bank. Jury awarded client a full defense verdict on $20,000,000 claim and $7,000,000 in compensatory damages.
- Member of trial team in breach of contract and fiduciary duties action in connection with client’s $30,000,000 acquisition of another business. Jury awarded client approximately $3,000,000 in compensatory and punitive damages and a full defense verdict.
- Represented Los Angeles County in the prosecution of a public-nuisance action against Southern California Gas Company. After discovery and motion practice, the utility company agreed to settle for $119,500,000.
- Represented multinational telecommunications company in defense of $20,000,000 negligence action. After discovery and motion practice, the plaintiffs agreed to settle for $250,000.
- Represented music manager in lawsuit against former client, an internationally renowned musician. Client received favorable settlement early in the litigation without incurring significant legal fees.
- Obtained summary judgment for national insurer in defense of class action related to background checks during hiring process.
- Represented NBA consultant in copyright infringement case brought by owners of broadcast copyrights.
- Represented California-based law firm with 150+ attorneys in defense of $600,000,000 malpractice suit arising from trust and estate plan created for the founders of the Alta Dena Dairy empire.
Education & Certificates
- University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Admitted to Practice